Course Completion Certificate
Qualified PLTW student will receive a letter via email certifying that they have completed the Biomedical Sciences coursework just after their High School graduation. Students who are admitted to IUPUI begin classes may request special credit for these courses during their first semester at IUPUI to earn college credit. There is no fee for the college credit if students request it during their first semester at IUPUI.
Please note that this is not Dual Credit offered in high school, but College Credit at IUPUI. Students who attend other universities may present the certification letter to the biology department chair or other school administrator to determine if and how credit may be awarded at that institution. IUPUI does not provide college transcripts for PLTW coursework.
Currently, there is no fee for the college credit associated with these courses for students who choose to enroll at IUPUI, as long as they contact the IUPUI SPAN Division during their first semester of enrollment to request to have the credits posted to their transcripts. Students are charged if they request the credits after their third semester of enrollment.
Note: Stanine scoring is in the process of revision for 2019; check this site for updated information in Fall 2019. Learn more.
- Student must have taken the PLTW Biomedical Science course (s) at a certified PLTW school and passed the End of Course (EOC) National Assessment Part A with a stanine score of 6 or higher.
- Complete and submit the IUPUI Course Credit Application Form:
- Student must download and complete required portions of IUPUI application then submit to PLTW instructor.
- PLTW instructor/High School must complete and submit the form. Instructions may be found here.
- Form may be submitted after completion of each course, or preferably during the senior year for all past courses on the same form.
- Letters certifying course completion will be emailed to students in the summer following their high school graduation. While information may be submitted to IUPUI each year, only one email certifying all completed courses will be emailed upon graduation to the student.
- Students who do not attend IUPUI may print the certification letter they will receive via email and present it to the biology department chair at your institution. It will be up to that institution to decide whether or not to issue college credit.
- Qualified PLTW Biomedical students who matriculate to IUPUI will need to contact the IUPUI SPAN Division Office during their FIRST semester at IUPUI to request the college credit be recorded on their transcript. Special credit will be posted on the student's IU transcript at no further cost to the student, as long as they contact the SPAN Division during their first semester of enrollment to request to have the credits posted to their transcripts. Stanines of 6 or 7 are approximately equivalent to a B grade, and will be awarded an S at IUPUI for satisfactory completion; Stanines of 8 or 9 will be awarded an A at IUPUI.
Note: Information about the 2019 options for College Credit for Engineering and Technology will be updated soon.